nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nProtecting apple trees

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nProtecting apple trees
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 13:59:43 -0500

Hi,

We are rural, and in the fall there are the empty bags from winter wheat seed. These are three ply (paper-vapor barrier -paper).

We just tape the white side of the bag to the SW, wrapping the tree, and then duct tape it on.

Rabbits and mice ignore trees that are wrapped with the seed bags.

I am not sure if the seed is treated, and this odor, trasferres to the bags, however it does not appeal to to varmits, and it works.

Cheap too.

Later,
tom