nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nabble.com

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas@tbeckett.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nabble.com
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:08:34 -0400

I contacted Paul Jones, honcho of ibiblio, who told me that he and Fred
are on top of it. Nabble.com is blocked from ibiblio now.

A fellow admin on another list looked at the nabble site and found
references to the ibiblio lists but no actual archives.

So I think the worry for NAFEXers and others is minimized for now.

Thomas

Thomas Olenio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nabbles must have hit every Ibiblio email group. I experienced the same
> subscribe/unsubscribe by Nabbles today.
>
> All those that worry about copyright may want to follow up.
>
> Tom
>
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:50:14 -0700, Lon J. Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Sorry to post this to the list, but I can't find Greg's address. I
>>just got subscription requests for some of the interest group lists
>>from "lists@nabble.com" On checking, I found that nabble.com joins
>>lists and then posts the archives on their site. For some, this is
>>good publicity, but it could also be construed as piracy. You should
>>be aware of it, depending on how you feel about having the archives
>>lifted and put on someone else's site.
>>-Lon Rombough

>>used to change other email options):
>>
>>File attachments are NOT stripped by this list
>>TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES!
>>Please do not send binary files.
>>Use plain text ONLY in emails!
>>
>>Message archives are here:
>>https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/nafex
>>
>>NAFEX web site: http://www.nafex.org/

- --
Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 <http://www.tbeckett.com> 919-824-5696
Authentication instructions: <http://www.tbeckett.com/verification.html>