nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A Cherry Question or Two....

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A Cherry Question or Two....
  • Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 07:17:26 -0500

Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com> wrote:
Hello Again Shipmates; Does anybody have any experience with Sweet Cherries Stella /
Richard,
For some reason in the early 1980's I bought a Stella standard cherry tree from Stark's.  The tree grew well, to about 20' tall, flowered well, and becoming into the shade of nearby pecans and a black walnut, bore fruit that appeared perfect without spraying.  Unfortunately I cannot tell you what it tasted like, because the fruit was always out of reach.  The tree eventually died from shading by other trees and its log is still laying there rotting.

Charlie Paradise, Massachusetts