nafex - [NAFEX] Seed of hybrid persimmon.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Seed of hybrid persimmon.
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:25:33 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2005 11:00:06 AM US Eastern Standard Time, lovehd@comcast.net writes:

Keep plugging away at it, and you may very well succeed (but it may take a long time!)

Hello Hal,

Thank you for the input and encouragement. At 69 years of age, I may not have enough years remaining although in very good health and my Mother is still living at 93.

Question for you or anyone else and pardon me while my ignorance hangs out. Most of the seeds produced by Rosseyanka and Nikita's gift have an embryo but no cotyledons, or the white flesh which I've seen called cotyledon flesh and maybe it is endosperm. My Japanese friend was able to obtain plants from two or three of these flat seeds I sent him using embryo rescue techniques and invitro. My question is, What is the significance of these flat seeds?  Fully developed seeds, that is with full cotyledons, will germinate. Is there a way to feed the developing sperm without using sterile conditions at home?

Jerry

  • [NAFEX] Seed of hybrid persimmon., Jwlehman, 09/01/2005