nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 31, Issue 43

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 31, Issue 43
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:50:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Bramley's...I had never had the chance to sample one, unitl two years ago...former Nafex member Peceniak of Joliet/Lockport IL has a nice you pick orchard.  Bramley's was one of the many fine varieties he grows.  I am assuming it was Bramley's simply becasue I know he had input/assistance form many Nafexer's in getting going so he probably had the right scion wood.  I thougth it was an excellant apple for eating OUT OF HAND, so did my wife, son, and the three young folks we took with us to share the joy of apple picking with.  It was different, but in a good way.  It was sprightly and reminded me of seltzer water.

At any rate he is in 4b/5a zone...and I note he grows several things people would tell you will not mature in his area; he seems to think they do fine.

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 31, Issue 43, fuwa fuwa usagi, 08/30/2005