nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 18:53:39 -0400

According to the site

"Americans go for big and bold pies, full of large chunks of apple combined with ingredients such as cranberries, pecans and pumpkin."

Well, American apple pies often do have chunks of apple, and while I've never seen an apple/pumpkin pie, I make an apple/cranberry pie every year for Thanksgiving. And I've been served a pecan pie variant with some apple. So there's some truth to it. Certainly American apple pies tend to have discernible pieces of apple, not "melt in your mouth" Bramleys. On the other hand, one of the tastiest pies I've had was pure Macintosh, which also cooks to mush.

Ginda