nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on my grafting problem?

  • From: John Smith <friendly27sw@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Any opinions on my grafting problem?
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 20:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

Lon, Lucky, et al.,

To make sure I'm visualizing this right, when you do
these bark grafts after cutting the wedge at the base
of the scionwood, I assume you make a couple verticle
cuts through the bark in the rootstock and pull it
away in the underlying wood separating the layers like
you would to do budding, to create a flap, then shove
the scionwood in there and wrap tightly?

Thanks for the input.