nafex - RE: [NAFEX] bagging fruit other than apples

  • From: "Jim Cooper" <JCooper@lewiston.k12.id.us>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] bagging fruit other than apples
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:00:53 -0700

Mark,
I have one tree that is flowering lightly this year too! But I believe
it is a result of over fruiting last year. It was really loaded and yes
I thinned and then thinned again, but is was a 5 year old M-9 golden
delicious, and we got 6 boxes of fruit! So I think this year it is just
taking a much needed rest, I guess it has 50+ blossoms but not like last
year.

All the rest of the apples I bagged are showing an increase in
blossoms, or at least equal #.

Jim
Idaho
zone 6

>>> markl@nytec.com 04/21/05 10:25 AM >>>
I bagged apples last year using Glad sandwich bags with a flap sealed
with a twist-tie. I was very pleased with the result. This year I am
noticing very few blossoms on the branches I bagged last year. Has
anyone noticed this on their trees? I wonder if I damaged the fruit
spurs at harvest time last year? I am hoping that the bags didn't
somehow discourage fruit spurs from developing.
-Mark Lee, Seattle

used to change other email options):