nafex - Re: [NAFEX] mulch (was gypsum)

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] mulch (was gypsum)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 05:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

Lucky, that is bizarre, they must have gotten gypsum mined near a uranium
deposit. I am
dropping the sheetrock idea because I dont need it fauling up certification
in the
future. Thanks for all the useful commentary folks. However, half the reason
considered it was as a sod smothering mulch. Since I won't use easy solutions
like
roundup to kill back grass around young trees, and I have too many to weed
whip up to the
trunk every couple weeks, mulch has been a real study - that I am not
satisfied with yet.
If I use mats (ie, cardboard, carpet, perforated mats, etc. ) then rotted
manure I apply
is seperated from the root circle. If I use staw it soon builds up to a mound
that will
build too deep around the trunk. What do other non-roundupers do?
Thanks, Del, n MN Z 2/3

Del Stubbs http://www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3 N. MN