nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: Cooperation between NAFEX and NNGA Libraries

  • From: "Dr. Ethan Natelson" <natelson@pipeline.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: Cooperation between NAFEX and NNGA Libraries
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:24:29 -0600

The forwarded announcement by Jerry Henkin should be of interest to any who desire to use the library facilities and have had difficulties in the past.

To: NAFEX and NNGA Officers, Directors, Project Coordinators, and Committee Chairs

Ladies and Gentlemen:

At the Annual Meeting in Columbia, Missouri last summer, the Board of Directors of NAFEX and NNGA began discussions on cooperation between each organization's libraries. Over the past few months, the librarians and officers of both groups paved the way for this cooperative venture to become a reality. I am pleased to announce that henceforth the NAFEX and NNGA libraries will allow the use of their services for members of both groups. While each organization will continue to maintain its own materials, which will be kept separately, all current members of both groups may borrow books, files, pamphlets, etc. from both libraries. In addition, copying services from the libraries' archives will be offered at the membership discount rate.

A list of the libraries' holdings and the rules for borrowing are available on-line or by contacting the librarians of each organization:

NAFEX www.nafex.org John Hillbrand, jhillbrand@hotmail.com P.O. Box 296, Fayetville, AR 72702 (479) 789 - 2227

NNGA www.nutgrowing.org Jerry Henkin, sproutnut@aol.com 501 Riverdale Ave. (4J), Yonkers, NY 10705 (914) 423 - 7458

May I ask each of you, especially the editors of Pomona and The Nutshell, to publicize this added membership benefit.

Sincerely yours,

Jerry Henkin