nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Kobo chestnut

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Kobo chestnut
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:51:15 -0600

Mark,

There are Chinese chestnuts that fruit at that height. Google Badgersett
Research Farm in MN. Mr. Ritter (or Rutter?)breeds hazels and chestnuts.
Check with him to see if he has material of the early fruiting plants
available. I believe that he's done some breeding with them

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI