nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: Strict Nursery Stock Regulations Proposal from APHIS-USDA

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: Strict Nursery Stock Regulations Proposal from APHIS-USDA
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 08:22:22 -0600

This has shown up on a couple of email lists/forums I frequent.  May be of interest to some or all NAFEX members.

For those of you unaware of a new proposal up for review with APHIS I would like to introduce you to the subject. There is a proposal to ban plant importation which may have a dramatic affect on Arboreta, Botanic Gardens, and smaller Nursery operations. Unless you import extremely large volumes of one species or variety (10,000 plants) this new regulation could stop importation.

Please view the following link to US Department of Agriculture-APHIS for details on the proposal.  Deadline for public input is March 10!!

Regulation proposal link to PDF:
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2004_register&docid=fr10de04-22.pdf>&docid=fr10de04-22.pdf

To voice your opinion on this matter:
http://docket.epa.gov/edkfed/do/EDKStaffCollectionDetailViewByID?collectionId=APHIS-2004-0024

Lucky

  • [NAFEX] Fwd: Strict Nursery Stock Regulations Proposal from APHIS-USDA, Lucky Pittman, 02/25/2005