nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Shipping efficiency

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Shipping efficiency
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:08:26 -0500

I always collect in the weekends and ship out on Mondays. It seems the
logical thing to do. In Canada, shipping Special Delivery takes two days. It
is best to make the package small enough to fit in a mail box, if possible,
otherwise the recipient has to pick up upon notification and that can take
another day. No signature upon receipt, as this can cause additional delays
if no one is home to sign.
I usually notify the recipient to expect a package, specially if mail has to
be picked up.
At both end, it is best to keep the scions in a cool place for as long as
possible. Fridge or root cellar. It works very well usually.
Hélène, zone 3-4