nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Crandall/clove currant

  • From: Bob Sorenson <natvwine@cut.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Crandall/clove currant
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:09:28 -0700

In regards to pollination on the clove currants;
I have at least six different currants and one thing I have noticed about
the clove is the activity of what I call sphinx moths in the evening. They
really enjoy them probably due to the extended corolla on the blossom.
The other ribes are best pollinated by different bees, especially the native
ones.
I've even seen an occasional hummingbird on them.
Bob in Utah

  • [NAFEX] Re: Crandall/clove currant, Bob Sorenson, 01/26/2005