nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Honeyberry

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Honeyberry
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:56:16 -0500

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:45:52 -0600, you wrote:

>Jim,
>You may be a reasonable candidate for honeyberry up there in MN, but if
>you'll go back and search the archives, I think you'll find that most folks
>who've tried them in 'warm' zones - like Hal, who's south of me, have been
>- at best - disappointed with them. Looks to me like it's really a cold
>zone plant.

I'm going to try them, I hope to plant them next spring.

We live in a Zone-4 microclimate (although theoretically in
Zone 5) with fairly cool summers on the whole. For example,
tomatoes, peppers and eggplants here are much happier grown
in a hoophouse than in the open.

Pat
--
NOW OPEN! ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful