nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Indoor Citrus

  • From: Ruth Dykstra <ruthnafex@drdykstra.us>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Indoor Citrus
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:48:21 -0600

I have a Meyer Lemon tree that is around 5 years old. It is outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter. It is not the healthiest looking tree, it has relatively few leaves for its size, but it has 4-5 good -sized fruits each year. When it blooms in the house I hand pollinate with a little paint brush and then make sure I only leave one fruit per branch to develop. It smells fantastic and there's nothing like giving people bread you made with homegrown lemons in Northern Illinois.

Ruth