nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 'Designer Fruit' article in Fortune magazine

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'Designer Fruit' article in Fortune magazine
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:05:12 -0800

Floyd has done some fascinating crosses, if only so many weren't adapted just to the hot, dry, frostless areas of California. I quit trying his stuff in Oregon years ago because everything I tried here either wouldn't set in our wet spring weather, or it just didn't develop decent flavor. I really think I'd have to grow his selections in a greenhouse here to get them up to the standard of what they do in California.
--Lon Rombough