nafex - [NAFEX] RE: How to become a "fruit explorer"

  • From: "Judi Stewart" <js@olympus.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] RE: How to become a "fruit explorer"
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:17:17 -0800

Hello Deb,

I think one of the best and easiest ways is to talk to people who have
orchards or grow small fruit. Simply ask them about what they're
growing. Knocking on doors is not too far off the mark. Just tell
someone with a fruit tree that you're interested in growing fruit and
you'll get an education at that moment. Venture on to another location
and talk to the next person, and so on. Someone who has a passion for
growing anything usually has a parallel passion in talking about their
hobby to someone who's truly interested. You'll learn plenty in a short
period of time, as well as make new friends. I'm sure these neighbors
still have the books that got them started though the pages may be worn
and dog-eared. They can certainly point you in the right direction.

Judi
Olympic Peninsula zone 8