nafex - [NAFEX] Persimmon in Temple, TX.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Persimmon in Temple, TX.
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:06:33 EST

Hello All,

Just received an e/m:

<< I have an older persimmon tree about 25 feet tall.  Each year we get a tremendous number of fruit but have no use for it.

Do you know anyone in the Temple, Texas area that would be interested in our persimmons?
Mike Murehead
mike@saladotech.com
512-635-8027  >>

I phoned him and the tree is kaki, astringent. He had no idea of the variety. I'm going to send him recipes for persimmon pudding (works for kaki also) and a copy of the article in the recent California Rare Fruit Growers publication on drying astringent kaki the Japanese method.

He doesn't have an Asian population in the area that could be interested.

If anyone is interested in fruit in his locality give him a call.

Jerry