nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX Fundraiser Ideas - Fruit of North America Cards

  • From: dtv@mwt.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX Fundraiser Ideas - Fruit of North America Cards
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 06:11:23 US/Central

Not to mention posting to the permaculture wiki where a bunch of us have been
working over the course of last year.

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/HomePage

The wikipedia however is a pretty amazing resource tho a quick search thru
the
fruit nut resources pull up pretty spotty info. Here for instance is
the "fruit trees" page which would be somewhat embarassing by our standards
but
that simply means the wikipedia project deserves our input. This resource is
starting to become a standard reference in schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_trees

mIEKAL

> Another idea, which wouldn't help NAFEX as an organization, but would
> certainly further its cause, is to write articles about fruit for the
> wikipedia.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> This is an on-line "copy-left" encyclopedia, and anyone can write for
> it. It is fast becoming one of the most useful resources on the web,
> and is likely to be the encyclopedia of the future. Good articles
> written for the wikipedia could help fruit growers for generations.
>
> Ginda

This message was sent using Midwest Tel Net Web Based Mail.
http://www.mwt.net/