nafex - [NAFEX] Non-flowering Apple Trees

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Non-flowering Apple Trees
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:36:26 -0500

Re Ginda and his apple trees that don't produce flowers, I used to have
that problem too. When I have such problems, the first thing I do is get a
soil analysis. My non-flowering apple trees were growing in a boron
deficient soil.
For those of you who may add boron to your trees' soil, heed this
warning: Ample amounts of soil boron is measured in ounces per acre. If
you add even a tiny smidgeon too much, you could kill your tree(s). Before
adding any micronutrient, get a soil test from a professional laboratory.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN

  • [NAFEX] Non-flowering Apple Trees, Jim Fruth, 10/29/2004