nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry Question.......

  • From: lee reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blackberry Question.......
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:32:26 -0400

I grew them in Zone 4/5. They only survive winter if laid on the ground and then covered with leaves or some other insulating material. Then I would lift them in spring. They did taste good, bore abundantly, and grew very vigorously, about 15 feet or more per season. I've since dug them up because I got tired of bending them to the ground; a lot of stem breakage occurred.

www.leereich.com