nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Prickly Pear/Nopales

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, longdistshtr@shtc.net
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Prickly Pear/Nopales
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:35:12 -0700

FWIW, my son's box turtles love the cactus fruit. When the fruits show up in the store, he waits until there are some that have sat so long they won't sell, then gets them from the produce people. If Doc has box turtles in his area, they would likely go for the fruit if they can get it.
-Lon Rombough