nafex - Re: [NAFEX] jujube rootstock

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrtejas@lycos.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] jujube rootstock
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:03:27 -0600

It probably will produce an edible jujube. A friend has a mature tree grown
from seed with large fruit although they don't come true from seed. They are
easy to whip graft in the spring with dormant wood. My first try was 100%
successful and I now have So and sugarcane trees on sucker rootstock. You
will need two for good pollination.
phil