nafex - RE: [NAFEX] help with asian pear ID

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] help with asian pear ID
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:20:16 -0700

Thanks Erwin. I think you have made the correct ID. This pear has the
right asymmetry, right skin markings and color, its early and very
aromatic. This description matches the Bong Ri description at the site
you link below. I have posted some more photos of this fruit at the
Edible Landscape forum at the GardenWeb website (see link below).

In addition to ID'ing this fruit, you have provided a link to a great
website for Asian Pears that I didn't know about before. Thanks Erwin!

-Mark Lee, Seattle, z8a