nafex - [NAFEX] How to prep trees and bushes for winter

  • From: Deb Schneider <debs@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] How to prep trees and bushes for winter
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:42:14 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to growing fruit.  We put in several trees this year (cherry, apple, pear, pluot) as well as gooseberry, currant, raspberry bushes.  I've grown currant and raspberry before, so am okay with managing these.  Is there any special preparations to do to protect the trees or gooseberry?  I know the Pluot is a little more tender than the others.  We are in zone 5/6 (hard to tell on the maps), but our winters are quite variable in the Appalachian hills.

Thanks!

Deb Schneider