nafex - [NAFEX] re: grapes?

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly2@wi.rr.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] re: grapes?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:56:20 -0700

Tom,
an interesting comment on the grape size.  This is only my second year of product--so I didn't have much to compare against; but I thought that these looked mighty puny!  My first harvest last year was pretty decent.  These are exactly as you describe--tiny!  I was scratching my head, thinking "plenty of moisture--they say don't fertilize--what did I do wrong..."  never thinking about the degree days!  I think this was valuable insight for me.
Thanks!
Michelle Horner
 zone 4/5 SE Wis

Himrod seedless
Baco 1
Foch    (and dreams of homemade vintages!)