nafex - [NAFEX] Fwd: Question

  • From: Lon Rombough <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fwd: Question
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:42:00 -0700

Begin forwarded message:

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Ryan Stewart" <stewart@iastate.edu>

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 10:37 AM
Subject: Question

Do you know of anyone who has worked with cultivating fruit of native
or
introduced buckthorns (Rhamnus or Frangula)? I came across a website
on
the internet a couple of years ago that said the fruit of Carolina
buckthorn (Rhamnus caroliniana or Frangula caroliniana) was edible.
My
dissertation is focused on Carolina buckthorn, but I've never dared
tasting
its fruit. Dr. Paul Domoto of Iowa State University suggested I
contact
NAFEX because I'm trying to find someone who has determined the annual
fruit load of any species of buckthorn.

Sincerely,

Ryan Stewart
Graduate Research Assistant