nafex - RE: [NAFEX] cherry plums

  • From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] cherry plums
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:34:59 +0000

Hi All,

I was in Bamberg Germany last year and outside a monastery, I discovered trees with fruit similar to what Lon describes. The 'plums' are slightly larger than a cherry, green when un-ripe, turn yellow with pink tones when ripe. Very sweet plum taste.

My Czech friend calls them spendliky. They are very common in the Czech republic.  Are they an old variety of 'green gage'?

John B