nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cicadas, eating thereof

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cicadas, eating thereof
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 19:03:31 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Cicadas, eating thereof
Guinea fowl can escape easily, but you may get in trouble with anti-noise ordinances - they scream like banshees.  Only thing worse is peacocks.

I like very much having two chickens here in our suburban yard.
Problem was, the only neighborhood dog who roams free [in violation of
our town's leash law] apparantly figured out how to overcome the
chicken's natural evasive talents and took the both down, as both birds
were found dead in the dog's yard.

I've heard a rumor geese can drive away full grown german shepherds, I
wonder, are there any other fowl known to be able to evade or hold their
own against dogs?

Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts