nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Best groundcover for (home) orchard

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "Three Hills Farm" <organic@threehillsfarm.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Best groundcover for (home) orchard
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:03:12 -0500

Title: Message
John, a good way to get a fast answer tailored to your climatic conditions is to call the University of Maine's Agricultural Extension Service or your county extension agent (try http://www.umext.maine.edu/topics/treefruit.htm).    Also, see the result of a Maine study on groundcovers for apples at http://www.ofrf.org/publications/Grant%20reports/01.f.10.Moran.pdfI'm sure they have recommendations for orchard groundcover. -- Sam Brungardt, Saint Paul, MN (USDA Zone 4b)