nafex - [NAFEX] Mycorrizee

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mycorrizee
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:07:32 EST

Hello all,

This isn't a commercial, or at least I don't consider it such as this isn't being done for profit.

Recently we had a discussion of mycorrhizal fungi for trees and the possible benefits. These fungi will not live long w/o the host with which they have their symbiotic relationship, in other words these tree fungi don't normally live in a compost pile. If planting trees in an area void of trees it is very unlikely active spores remain.

Inoculants can be purchased but are quite expensive. One is made by Plant Health Care in Pittsburgh, PA. This product is trade named MycorTree Root Dip. For detailed info go to WWW.planthealthcare.com. It is sold in 10 pack packages and runs about $9.80 per bag with freight. I have purchased 10 bags of inoculant and sharing it with others for basically cost. Of the 10 bags 3 are still available.  If interested please contact me off line.

Jerry Lehman