nafex - [NAFEX] Algae problem in greenhouse water.

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Algae problem in greenhouse water.
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:28:52 EST

Hi Jim,

My watering system isn't elaborate like yours, just collecting rain water in a 30 gallon drum then watering by hand, but the algae bloom was a problem. Cured it by simply adding about a half cup (not critical) of chlorine (Clorox bleach) to the water every time the plastic drum is filled. If adding smaller amounts of water maybe a teaspoon per 5 gallon bucket. Problem cured. Some plant fertilizers contain chlorine and to my knowledge I've never damaged any of my plants. If too weak and a bloom develops dump in more Clorox, about one dulap.

Jerry

  • [NAFEX] Algae problem in greenhouse water., Jwlehman, 03/29/2004