nafex - Re: [NAFEX] tape for grafting

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] tape for grafting
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:53:09 -0600

At 02:02 PM 3/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Why not use a white masking tape? Should last a year and then rots
off...

I'm sure he'll weigh in and tell me if I'm wrong, but it seems that at some time in the past, that Ed Fackler indicated that masking tape is what he used on apple/pear grafts - but maybe I misunderstood.
I don't know that I'd want to depend on masking tape for nut tree grafts - just don't think I could get enough evenly-applied pressure to ensure good cambium contact.

LLP