nafex - [NAFEX] Diversification yet to bear fruit -- fruit growing in SW

  • From: "Rodney Eveland" <reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Diversification yet to bear fruit -- fruit growing in SW
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:32:59 -0700

I found one statement of that article to be fascinating.

The Cockses aren't trying to reinvent the wheel. Before the Dirty
Thirties, groves of fruit trees were common in farmyards across this
part of the country.

To this day, an exploration of these deserted yards may turn up an old
plum tree struggling to survive

My mother grew up in Northern Montana not very far South of the border
and she says they raised watermelons when she was a girl. They've
never raised watermelons there since, which makes me wonder about
climate change. I suspect we all should enjoy it while we can for it
may change, either for the better or the worse.

  • [NAFEX] Diversification yet to bear fruit -- fruit growing in SW, Rodney Eveland, 02/26/2004