nafex - Re: [NAFEX] weather stations

  • From: tblists <tblists@pshift.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] weather stations
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:29:37 -0500

I agree here. I have a Davis Groweather unit, hardwired, not radio although I'll be moving up within a couple of years. Great products, great service. They have upgraded my software and base unit free of charge when we made the move from windows 95 to XP. It's been running steady since 1996.

TB

A single Davis Instruments display console can handle inputs from
several remote sensing stations, linked by radio transmitters. At the
console, one can switch among the remote stations to display that
sensor's data. If the sensors are more than a couple of hundred yards
(depending on conditions) away, one can use a repeater to get distances
of a mile or more.

I don't work for Davis Instruments, I just use their product, which
works pretty well.

Terence Bradshaw
1189 Wheeler Road
Calais, VT 05648
bradshaw@pshift.com
(802)229-2004

The views represented by me are mine and mine only................