nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pyrus pashia and Pyrus serotina seeds

  • From: william anderson <dekalbman2@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pyrus pashia and Pyrus serotina seeds
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:11:23 -0800 (PST)

Dear Sir. I am interested in your address of lesser known Asian fruits. Do you have any that will grow in northern and central Illinois, USA? Thank you.

"Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com> wrote:
Dear listmembers,

I have received 3-4 packets(15 seeds each) of Pyrus serotina and about 10 packets of Pyrus pashia seeds.  As many of you might already be knowing, these are wild pears from the mid-Himalayan region and used as rootstock for pears.

If anyone is interested, he may contact me.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Fruits
www.lesserknownindianplants.com