nafex - [NAFEX] Recipe and request for others.

  • From: "Ward Barnes" <ward_p_barnes@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Recipe and request for others.
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:36:47 +0000

Here is a recipe that includes various fruits.  I am looking for others, especially fruit kabobs.  If you can help with my search for the perfect grilled fruit kabob I and the rest of NAFEX will be most thrilled.  Ward Barnes, Wake, VA.

Tuna with Tropical Salsa

1/2 cup chopped guava, feijoa or kiwi
1/2 cup chopped mango and/or papaya
1/2 cup bite-size pieces fresh pineapple
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 to 3 tsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
4 (6 oz) tuna steaks
2 Tbsp. pineapple juice

Preheat grill to medium.  Combine guava, mango, pineapple, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and lime juice.  Cover and chill until serving time.

Brush Tuna steaks with pineapple juice

Grill fish 5 minutes per half-inch in thickness, truing once, or until fish flakes easily went tested with a fork.  Serve chilled salsa over fish.

Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list? MSN Shopping has lined up some good bets

  • [NAFEX] Recipe and request for others., Ward Barnes, 11/19/2003