nafex - [NAFEX] root control bags

  • From: "Michelle Horner" <shelly2@wi.rr.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] root control bags
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:12:44 -0800

Did a junket about a month ago to Ridge Road Nursery--Dr Gene Coffman.  I think he grows-on pretty exclusively in these grow-bags.  He steals space wherever he can find it on his very steep hillside nursery; grow-bags healed in rather tidily.  If you see plant material "you just gotta' have"--its a simple matter to nudge with a shovel and pull a whole confined rootball out.  Dr Coffman was very generous with his time; in fact he is a HOOT!  I'm sure he would be happy to describe some of his expierences and observations with the grow-bag use.

His nursery is worth the visit.  His passions are unusual maples, vibernums, willows, paw-paw--just a "cool dude".

  • [NAFEX] root control bags, Michelle Horner, 11/19/2003