nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Yellowhorn seed germination

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Yellowhorn seed germination
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:46:37 -0500

mIEKAL,

My yellowhorn is three to four feet tall and has flowered for the last two years.  I am also aware of yellowhorns growing to large size at the Dominion Arboretum in Ottawa, Canada, a zone 4.  Perhaps you need to plant them well out of the wind.  The wood seems quite fragile, which might indicate a native habitat that's protected.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI  USDA zone 3