nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nitrogen fixing trees intercropped with fruit and nut trees

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nitrogen fixing trees intercropped with fruit and nut trees
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:35:22 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] nitrogen fixing trees intercropped with fruit and nut trees

From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>

I'm very surprised that raspberries are invasive for you.  I've never had trouble with them, and you and I are both in the same area.  The Himalaya blackberry, oh boy is IT invasive, but raspberries??

They are always popping up in the pathways! Infuriating! But, at least they don't tip root like Marionberries or the rest of that ilk. Ever try to control a patch of thimble berries? Ayyyyy!
But I can't stop planting Rubus, so I shouldn't complain.

-Rick