nafex - [NAFEX] Lodi,

  • From: Rondi <dee@mokalive.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Lodi,
  • Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:38:35 -0500

I have also frozen apples for apple pie by mixing sugar, cinnamon and flour
and apple slices, placing this into a freezer bag and placing the bag into a
pie plate to shape it. Once frozen I remove the pie plate. When I make a pie
I make the crust, add the frozen apple mixture, add a touch of butter, the
top crust and bake.

Rondi

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:51:06 -0400
> From: nottke <nottke1@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lodi Apple
> To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
>
> Don,
> What have you found to be the best way to freeze apple slices for later
> cooking? I have frozen them in gallon Ziploc bags in enough water so that
> all the air can be squeezed out while zipping the bag. Is there a better
> way?
> Thanks
> Jim

  • [NAFEX] Lodi,, Rondi, 08/02/2003