nafex - [NAFEX] raspberry plants in British Columbia?

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] raspberry plants in British Columbia?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:27:40 -0700

For three years I have been trying to buy some of the newer raspberry plants, but it is difficult to buy any at all, let alone new ones. I checked to see when they would be available (March) and then went round various garden centres. I'd ask for them when I didn't see any for sale: "Oh yes, we got some in a few days ago but a customer bought them all. No, we won't be getting more till next year." I finally was able to buy a few Boyne, Autumn Bliss and Fall Gold.

What I'm looking for are Malahat, Qualicum, Tulameen, and others which were developed here in British Columbia. They are esteemed in Europe, apparently. The closest source I can find is at Spooner Farms in Puyallup, Washington, USA.

Is there a list member in BC who knows of a local source?

--
Diane Whitehead Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
maritime zone 8