nafex - [NAFEX] liquid yeast

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] liquid yeast
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:12:17 -0500

We just recently had a wine buyer come to visit & I was talking to him about my rustic wine making process & he made the point repeatedly that quality of wine has as much to do with the complexity of the yeast culture as the fruit itself. He said many of the memorable home made wines which he's sampled over the years have used liquid yeast cultures. Have others used these & what kind of success have you had? He pointed me to the website listed below as being very high quality yeast. He thought the difference would be especially noticeable for small fruit wines such as currant, gooseberry, elderberry etc..

http://www.wyeastlab.com/hvino/homewine.htm

mIEKAL

  • [NAFEX] liquid yeast, mIEKAL aND, 07/31/2003