nafex - Re: [NAFEX] bilberry/ v. myrtillus

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] bilberry/ v. myrtillus
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:52:59 -0700

Title: Re: [NAFEX] bilberry/ v. myrtillus
Two possibles.  I procured seed of V. myrtillus for Fall Creek Nursery several years ago and they may have plants by now, though you'd have to ask as the species isn't listed.  http://www.fallcreeknursery.com/home.html

The other would be the National Clonal Germplasm Repository at Corvallis, OR. where the Vaccinium collection is kept.  You MIGHT be able to get a tissue cultured plant, or at least some seed.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, my book, The Grape Grower, at http://www.bunchgrapes.com