nafex - [NAFEX] Kerr vs. Trailman as a yard tree

  • From: Joe and Ellen Hecksel <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kerr vs. Trailman as a yard tree
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:52:54 -0400

Hello all:

I ordered one tree each of Kerr and Trailman crabapple (applecrab?).

I have room in the "civilized" yard for ONE of them. I am torn as to which to plant.

The Kerr ripens late, when the yellow jackets are slow and stupid and Kerr is (supposedly) resistant to scab.

Trailman is supposedly a great favorite of children and ripens early.

Can anybody offer an opinion? Is Trailman extremely susceptible to scab? Is one significantly more floriferous than the other?

--
-Joe Hecksel
My personal web site: http://my.voyager.net/~jhecksel