nafex - [NAFEX] Kaolin & Surround

  • From: Mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Kaolin & Surround
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:35:46 -0500

Actually in Surround™ literature is states:
"Surround offerts partial codling moth suppression and requires supplemental
products. Studies are showing best control for the first flight."

I was at a fruit grower pesticide license update meeting (mainly commercial
growers, although I am not), and a statement was made to the effect that
Surround was disappointing (I believe as an effective agent), but no
supporting evidence or discussion ensued.

Did learn some interesting stuff about Apple/tree replant issues.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W
~650 ft elevation