nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: Scanning Fruit Photos (David Doud)

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: leom@rarefruit.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: Scanning Fruit Photos (David Doud)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:13:16 -0800 (PST)

Leo is right about the quality issues when it comes to
print. But if I understand this correctly, the images
will be projected on a digital projector. These types
of projectors have set range of resoulutions that they
project (unless this is some new expencive brand).
Until fairly recently, this has been only 640X480 or
800X600. You have to think of this equipment as being
very bright tv sets with a lens in front of it.

**What you see on the screen is what you will see on
the wall. Just bigger!**

Actually DPI is not really an issue unless you start
going below 100-72 DPI or the original source is from
slide or very small print. DPI and resolution is
linked if not the same, but trying to explain it with
out showing you can be a task in itself.
If you have the harddrive space, memory and wish to
scan it at a high DPI thats all the better. You can
alway print a qulity image with it for handouts. It
just depends on you needs. Just remember the projector
will only project what you see on the screen.

Robert

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/nafex/XXXX@XXXX

http://taxes.yahoo.com/