nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Crab Apples as Pollinizers

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Crab Apples as Pollinizers
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:44:01 -0600

At 03:54 PM 2/4/2003 -0500, Tom wrote:
Does anyone know what varieties of Crab bloom at particular times, to coordinate with apple
blooms? (early, mid, late)

Tom,
This info is going to vary, depending on whose pollination chart you go by, and to some degree, where they're located. Bloom periods in the PNW may not correlate exactly with what you'll experience.
Others on the list may have more reliable info, but here's what I've gleaned from the few catalogs I've got with pollination charts: