nafex - [NAFEX] native virus

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] native virus
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:29:12 +0000

Ed wrote:
Viruses are transmitted in various ways other than traditional
grafting/budding and pruning......

Ed, In my ignorance I have been cautious about mixing it up with the native stuff that surrounds my orchard....Does perhaps this mean that I might as well use this wild stock as a repository for scionwood varieties - because virus' are so endemic and transmittable that my trees would contact it anyway? Would be handy at times to graft onto native stocks, amelanchier, hawthorn, p. americana....besides experimenting with them as rootstocks. thanks, Del.......hoping to top out at 25F for Jan. today, -28F was the bottom, looks might we might be missing another chance for a test winter..... : )

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3

  • [NAFEX] native virus, del stubbs, 01/31/2003